Tuesday 1 May 2012

Black Bean Brownies



They have black beans in them for real! Easy to make and I added carob chips to them. Be sure to use unsweetened cocoa. The brownies are moist and really hit the spot. They rarely last long, probably two days at the most!
Black Bean Brownies

I got the recipe here:
www.mmmisformommy.com
Only thing I changed was that I put Coconut Sugar in it instead of white sugar, and I added 1/2 teaspoon of Chia seeds.

Serve them with frozen yogurt if you are eating that, and if not, goats yoghurt slightly sweetened with Coconut sugar and Vanilla.

My kids loved them and did not even realize that they are full of fiber and protein. They are Gluten Free! Kids can eat them with Ice cream...or without.

Either way,

They are DELICIOUS!

For more information on the nutritional value of black beans click here.

NOTE: IF you want a VEGAN alternative, substitute Chia seeds mixed with hot water for one egg needed, or Tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water per egg needed.

For other egg substitutions click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.