Sometimes you just gotta have a burger, but instead of going for a Whopper at Burger King (because your trainer will not approve and then you'll feel guilty which will make you cheat more...etc) how about trying this:
- Ditch the bun, unless you are so lean that your nutritionist allows you to eat it.
- Add sliced tomato instead of the bun.
- Add thinly sliced sauteed onion.
- Add Dairy, lactose free cheese. (Cheddar flavor)
- Beef burger, no fillers or additives - gluten free.
Burger # 2
- Lean Beef and Chicken Burger.
- Add egg and Buckwheat flour for binding. Add Thyme and Sage to the meat when mixing in the egg and Buckwheat flour.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and sliced tomato.
- Top with fresh Basil and herb goats cheese.
If you are Vegetarian or Vegan, you can make mushroom and walnut burgers. Since I am still carnivore, I have not gone that route yet.