Thursday 16 May 2013

Chocolate Decadence secret ingredient revealed!




It all came about when I was looking for a friendly dessert to have on Mother's Day. I came across this recipe by GI 325.  Thank you to Kari for the inspiration.

Well it looked absolutely delicious and the perfect thing for me to try on Mother's day using ingredients that I like and that are good for me at the same time! ( Er...well except the Maple Syrup)

I made it and this is what it came out like...but I must be honest I tweaked the recipe, used almonds instead and made a few other changes.


If you have not followed the link to the original recipe, can you guess what the secret ingredient is?

So the original recipe is scrumptious and decenant, but it used quite a lot of maple syrup, so I adapted the recipe to be the kind of dessert I could have every day if I wanted to! ( It is that delicious!)

So here is MY new version of it:


This recipe serves two (trust me if you make more you will EAT IT ALL!)
and it is easy to make and not at all bad on the waistline.

Decadent Chocolate Bowls

(Serves 2) 

Ingredients:

Filling:

1 Avocado
2 Oz Melted 55 % baking chocolate ( Organic) 
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea salt

Crust:

4 - 5 Tbsp Ground Almonds
1/2 Oz Organic Baking Chocolate ( Semi Sweet) - same as the filling
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
A drizzle of Maple Syrup

Method:

  1. Make the filling first by melting the chocolate in the microwave in a small bowl.
  2. Place all other ingredients in food processor and process until smooth and drizzle in the melted chocolate. 
  3. Scrape the filling out and set aside in a bowl.
  4. Make the crust by pulsing the ingredients in the processor until it looks crumbly and sticky. Spread this crust around the bottom of two similar sized small bowls. I used my fingers to press the crumbs into the bottom of the bowl.
  5. Divide the filling into the bowls and flatten the surface.
  6.  Refrigerate overnight!
  7. Enjoy! But I must warn you....you may have to make it a few times. Don't tell your family what's in it until they have tasted it! ( They will never guess! )

  
www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist and motivator who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments.