Wednesday 1 January 2014

Reviewing 2013 on the first day of 2014

Happy New Year to all of you! 

Today is the first day of a brand new year. In order to make the most of the year ahead, I would like to review 2013 so that you and I can both see where we have been and where we are going in 2014!

 

Life is an adventure and to make the most of it, fitness and health is important.

Last year we started off with a 30 Day Challenge where participants from all over the globe joined together to encourage one another and take 30 days to replace one thing in their diet with a healthier alternative. I was blown away by the enthusiasm and results generated by the challenge. As a result we took the challenges all the way to July, thirty days at a time.

First recipe of the year was the Quinoa and Vegetable Soup. 
Quinoa Blueberry Nut Breakfast was a hit for those frosty winter mornings.  For all those turkey leftovers I posted a Vegetable Turkey Coconut Curry recipe



Coconut Curry Turkey Soup was a hit too. For those who needed a sweet fix without a sugar overload I developed a Sugar Free Apple Crisp.

We talked about Memory Cravings and discussed what it means to cultivate compassion. We enjoyed Coconut Black Bean Brownies, We looked at ways to eat well on a budget and exposed 5 food myths.


We experimented with adding sweetness to dishes by adding pear in the Tamari Beef Stir Fry.

2013 brought us some wonderful Guest Bloggers such as Dr. Yasmin Kelton, Allison Jorgens and  we were inspired by the 3 Piece Snack inserts. 


We did not leave out the kids, there was a kid approved pound cake recipe posted. Don't tell the kids it was sugar free!

For those who like a little zing and spice, I posted the Spicy Quinoa with Curried Mango and Cabbage recipe.


 I admit it, I went through a little bit of a pumpkin phase, with smoothies, hummus and breakfast recipes posted. 

I discovered the wonderful novel Invisible by Ginny L. Ytrrup and shared it all with you! I hope that you got to read it.



One discovery was a decadent recipe with a secret ingredient which was healthy and delicious! Don't tell your family what the secret ingredient is, they will never know! 



We concluded the year's 30 Day Challenges in July and took the rest of the summer off, life got busy and before you knew it, it was Christmas! Where did the months go?

As it got colder I developed a vegan Potato and Leek Recipe which was filling and easy to make. 

There were many more recipes posted for your enjoyment! Toronto weathered an ice storm and we all come through it. I am so grateful for a wonderful year and for each of you! You have enriched my life!

Thank you to all of you for a wonderful year and I look forward to what 2014 will bring! 

Here's to healthy choices and lifestyles! 


I wish you all the best for 2014~!

Stay Healthy 

Stay Happy



From Melony Teague 

and 

Fitness Training For Life and Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.