Lazy Morning Coconut French Toast
Ingredients:2 Slices of Gluten Free, No sugar added bread
1/4 cup Egg Whites
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 dollops of Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt
Coconut oil or whatever you use to grease your pan.
- Place egg and cultured coconut milk yogurt in a shallow bowl together with the cinnamon.
- Add Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt and blend with your stick blender until smooth.
- Dip bread in mixture, turning once and place in preheated pan on the stove on medium.
- Turn once per slice.
- While waiting for those to cook, chop raw almonds and wash blueberries, set the table, play some music and enjoy the experience.
- Serve to your hungry crew and they will not even know it is a healthier version of the traditional recipe. And yes, dairy free. If you can find a cultured coconut milk that has not been sweetened then it will be sugar free too.
- Please note, if you have allergies or intolerance check the ingredient lists on EVERYTHING!
My advice is to take time to sit down with your family MOM and enjoy the meal. As women and moms we tend to take care of everyone else first and then eat while cleaning, while getting up to get the milk or whatever else our little ones need. Train them to wait for you or get it themselves.Take time to slow down and savour each bite. The housework can wait! You are a mom and you need to honor yourself so that you can be the best mom you can be. No that is not being selfish, that is taking care of yourself so that you are fulfilled, happy and able to pour out your heart for your family and your friends. You can't do that when you are empty right?
What do you like to do as a family on a lazy weekend morning?
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out"
Join me on facebook.
If you missed it, here is the Cheesy Pumpkin Bread Recipe! CLICK HERE
This website is for educational purposes only. The information supplied here comes from a variety of sources and authors and not every statement made has been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Este site é apenas para fins educacionais. As informações fornecidas aqui vem de uma variedade de fontes e autores, e não a cada declaração foi avaliada pelo FDA. Esta informação não se destina a diagnosticar, tratar, curar ou prevenir qualquer doença.