Due to Popular Demand I am posting the Gluten Free Banana Snack Cake recipe that I make.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD
|Banana Snack Cake perfect for an after school or lunchbox treat.|
Makes one loaf125 g Cream Cheese
1/4 cup /125 g Butter, at room temperature
1 cup Coconut Palm sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar plus 1/4 scant cup powdered Stevia
2 Large Eggs ( I did not have eggs this time so used flax seed "egg")
2 -3 Ripe bananas, mashed
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (You can either use a store bought mix, or what I used was 1 cup coconut flour and 1 cup buckwheat flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup ground sunflower seeds (If you are not worried about it being a nut-free snack you can use ground almonds, but sunflower seeds are cheaper and you can grind them in your coffee grinder.)
I do not ice the cake but the original recipe calls for Cream cheese icing , but I omit that.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter your loaf pan.
- Measure all the dry ingredients (including ground sunflower seeds or ground almonds) and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and "sugar" until smooth, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time or flax seed.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and add the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into your loaf pan and bake until toothpick comes out clean, approx 55 - 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and try not to eat all of it before it cools!
What is your favourite after school or lunchbox snack?
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out"
Join me on facebook.