Friday 23 December 2011

One jab off a needle and suddenly the reality of it all hit home!

Welcome to my blog. I was born in South Africa and immigrated to Canada in 1999. Canada is now my home.  I live in Toronto with my husband and two young children.

Now that it I have my new passport I am getting all the more excited about my upcoming trip to Siberia. (More on how that came about later.) What really brought the reality of it all home to me was the needle I received in my left arm last night. Ouch! Actually to be quite honest it was two jabs. While we were about it, I got the Flu shot. (Same arm!!!)


If you have not had your flu shot you are not too late. According to my travel doctor, the flu season has had a late start due to the milder temperatures we have been experiencing. This means that if you have not had your shot, you can still have it and you will still have immunity for the flu that is going around. It is covered by OHIP and is particularly worth getting if you work with the elderly or children, or as in my case, you are planning a trip and you want to make sure you don't get sick before you go.

If you have any questions about the Flu shot click here for more information.

Stay tuned for developments, and news about  the preparation and training for my trip to Siberia in mid winter! You'll find out why I am going and what I will be doing.  You will also be able to follow my training and nutritional preparations, step my step. I will introduce you to my personal trainer and give you feedback on training sessions. Photos will show progress. Hang on to your hats!

Siberia! in Winter!

I can't wait!

There is soft Christmas music playing in the background here, tomorrow is Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to all of you and May 2012 be filled with adventure and opportunity. Most of all my you see with clear eyes the blessing all around you!  Have a wonderful time with friends and family!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.