Monday 14 January 2013

30 Day Challenge - half way done!


30 Day Challenge - Day 14 is Weigh and Measure Day

 

How are we doing?

Note: Some participants did not join until a week into the challenge so their results will be posted when they get to THEIR day 14.

Elisabeth from San Carlos, Mexico had wonderful results and she did a happy dance on day 14. She lost  5.6 pounds and 3.5 inches in total.
She wrote:
"The challenge is going really well for me. I needed the accountability the first few days to get me going and now I WANT to eat well and no longer have the cravings for crackers and cheese and peppermint candy during the day. I love experimenting with new recipes and so far so good!
The biggest thing these last 2 weeks have been the support in this group and the feeling of being in control of my eating again."

Crystal from Regina reported that although she had not lost weight she has lost a total of almost 3 inches in 14 days. She is satisfied with her progress. She wrote:
"Challenge is awesome, I agree with Elisabeth (from San Carlos) - I needed the accountability to think more about the decisions I was making. It kept me more honest when I might otherwise have taken a short cut... I Feel good about the inches though - all measurements decreased somewhat (biggest decrease was in hips and leg :) for a grand total of 2.75 inches.
... I know somethings going right because people are noticing - they might not be able to put their finger on exactly what's changed, but I'm having people say how energized I look, have I changed something? Somethings different, but what. That does make me smile from ear to ear.

What day 14 has done is motivated me to really do even more from day 15-30. I am adding a decrease in my salt intake even though that wasn't on the list. I know it's something I should do though so I'm adding it to my own."
Nina from Oregon reported that although the weight was the same she has lost a total of 3.5 inches.
She wrote: 
"The weight is about the same as when I started, but when I measured the inches, I was surprised! I lost about the same as Elisabeth - 3 1/4 inches. I'll get the weight moving more the next part of the challenge as I pledge to record every bite I eat. I love being sugar and white flour independent! Feel great and ready for more."
Karie-Anne from Elmira reported that she has lost 8.4 pounds and I lost 7.5 inches. WOW!She wrote:
 "I feel really good...I think I could have done better if I had have included exercise."

Sheila from Cape Town wrote:
"Did well with the no-hard-cheese plan - people noticed a firmer "behind"
Weight down by 1kg = 2.2lbs."

Sue from Nottingham, UK is happy. She wrote:
"Well I am thrilled!!! I have apparently lost 3 pounds."
Bonnie from Toronto, is tracking 6 measurements:
Lower leg - stayed the same.
Upper leg - lost 1 cm.
waist - lost 3 cm.
chest - lost 4 cm.

lower arm - went up half a cm.
upper arm - lost 2 cm.
"I am really happy with the results and I am more motivated than ever!"
Sue from Toronto has added artificial sweeteners to her list of replacement foods.

What great results after 2 weeks! 
Well done to all.

COCONUT BLACK BEAN BROWNIES

 

 Ingredients:

1 Can Black Beans (540 ml/19 oz)
3 Tbsp Melted Coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
6 - 8 Honey Dates (make sure they are pitted) 
2 tsp Stevia Powder (for baking)
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 Large Eggs (Or two eggs and one flax egg)
 (If you want to keep it Vegan then add 3 flax eggs)
*Note: I topped the kids' half of the brownies with dairy free, peanut free chocolate chunks  after they came out of the oven,  note if you do that, they are no longer sugar free  

Method:
  1. Preaheat the oven to 350 F
  2. Rinse the beans thoroughly and place in food processor together with melted coconut oil. 
  3. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth, adding the eggs last. 
  4. Scrape into greased square dish and bake in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and try not to eat them all before they cool down. 
My kids love these with frozen yoghurt, for the adults, I served them with Coconut Chocolate Ice cream which is DAIRY FREE and is sweetened with Agave. If I could find the Sugar Free version in the store I would get that rather, but it is made with coconut milk.
I waited for my husband to tuck in and then broke the news, I told him it was all sugar free. He thought I was lying!
These brownies are just the thing to accompany a nice cup of tea.
Speaking of Tea and coffee...

In the last post we discussed the merits of coffee and whether it is "bad for you" or not? If you missed it you can read it by clicking here. Crystal from Regina sent in her substantial list of teas.

Crystal wrote: "My tea list is fairly substantial, and often the joke when people come to visit. I'm often told I should open my own shop I have so many.
  • Early Grey is probably my all time favourite - especially with double bergamont.

  • Tension tamer (a chamomile mint rose hip etc etc concoction that I like to start my day with)

  • Sleepy Time (another chamomile blend) before bed

  • Chamomile vanilla and honey blend

  • Green tea with Jasmine blossoms

  • Chai tea (straight up or with milk)

  • China Oolong tea

  • Green tea with Roasted Brown Rice (somewhat coffee like)

  • Cookies and cream (which doesn't taste anything like cookies and cream to me but I like it all the same.)

  • Peppermint (my least favourite, actually upsets my stomach)

  • Spearmint (better for my tummy)

And then of course I have the berry blends which my friends tend to like, but I usually find less satisfying."





And this is MY cup of TEA with Breakfast taken the last time I kicked the coffee habit a year ago!

When is your favourite time to have tea?


Follow Me on Pinterest
  
www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.