Saturday 12 January 2013

Tip #5 from Igor and Tea Talk.

30 Day Challenge - Day 11 and 12



Igor's Tip for today is one of my favourite.This concept a large part of my "Secrets of Body Transformation From The Inside Out" Seminars. 

Secrets of Body Transformation From The Inside Out Team: Glenda De Vries, Igor Klibanov and Melony Teague.


Tip 5: Change your thinking. A naturally fit person looks forward to exercise for its own sake. Not for the end goal. So find some exercise you like. Although I believe that resistance training is essential. If you don't like resistance training, do it with a friend, and just do it 1-2 times per week, but put a lot of effort into it. To learn more about how naturally fit people think, check out this article: How Naturally Fit People Think.

 Here is some feedback from another participant:
Cheryl from Toronto wrote," Working fairly diligently at the goals of the month, and other than one day I have done some activity each day.
I am currently down 4.2 pounds and hope to keep it going in that direction!"

Tea for Two and Two for Tea...

I want to talk about Tea and Coffee and why it made it onto the list to replace on this challenge. Is coffee bad for you? As Igor would say, the answer is this: "It depends" and click on the link below to read more.

Read this 

Is Coffee Right For You? 

  Do you like coffee? Do you crave coffee? Do you drink it at specific times of the day?
 I got a request to make this newsletter about coffee consumption, so we’ll talk about the good and the bad, and what you should do. It is such a controversial topic that it bears discussing. Read more...

by Igor Klibanov Original post date: May 7, 2012  
www.torontofitnessonline.com



Let me explain the reason for MY elimination of Coffee, it is because of all the things Igor mentioned and also because if I have coffee first thing in the morning it tends to fill me up and delay my breakfast somewhat. Not a good thing. The other reason is because if I have coffee out of habit, then I want a cookie with it or a biscotti. Once I have broken the coffee habit I can better control the sugar habit. Besides the effect of caffeine on hormones, my doctor warned me that if you have low Iron (Fe) then coffee or tea with your meals will inhibit the absorption of Iron in your foods.

Let me just say that once I have broken the habit, down the line I am able to have A coffee on occasion, but as a thing all on it's own and it does not lead to further indulgences such as cookies or cake. This takes a while though, I have to get it out of my system first...and to be honest, once it is out of my system, I can have it as a rare treat without any ill effects. For me personally, it is a better way to approach the whole coffee thing. You may be different.

So what DO I drink when I am not having coffee?

Here is a list:
Peppermint Tea
Green Tea (all sorts of flavours and blends)
Unsweetened, dairy free hot chocolate
Rooibos Tea
Earl Grey Tea
Yerbe Mate Tea


I particularly like teas with carob pods in them! I am always on the lookout for new and exciting teas!

What kind of tea do you like?

I'd love to hear from you? Or send me a picture.

Email me at info@melonyteague.com



www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook
  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.