Friday 16 November 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 3 - How are you doing?



For those of you who are not involved in the 30 day challenge and might be wondering if you are going to see a post every day for the next 28 days I want you to breathe a sigh of relief. No you will not get a daily update, but I will keep you updated on the feedback I get from the participants.  Here is my personal day 3 report*:



DAY 3: I was not sure what I was going to do since I was still suffering from sore abs from the last time I did my planks. Only 15 minutes, right? How hard could it be? Mallory went for a run with some other co-workers and I am so proud of her. I would not be brave enough to run with them, mainly because I run really slowly and my children make fun of me. I don't let it get to me though, they can make fun if they want, at least I am not a couch potato and at the end of the day they will remember that. My ten year old joined me for this workout. The jumping jacks were a hit.

Here's K from Detroit's day 3 photo, doing bent over Dumbbell rows while trying to take a photo, I am impressed! 


Here is a blog post from one of the 30 Day Challenge participants and it is entitled: Things That Take Time. Take a moment to read her take on what it means to take up the challenge. It really touched my heart.


LIST OF PARTICIPANTS: Day 3

  1. Mel -Core and strength exercises (See graphic*)  - Toronto. Ontario, Canada
  2. Mallory - Run - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  3. Crystal -Walking 30 min and Nordic track 15 min - Regina SK Canada.
  4. Goanna - One hour Circuit Training and a 1 hour Pilates class.
  5. Lis -25 minutes Yoga session and 8 minute Cardio Interval Workout -  San Carlos, Mexico.
  6. K - 45 minutes Strength Training - Back and Biceps - Detroit- Detroit, MI
  7. Ishii - 30 minutes of Interval Training.
  8. Tanya - 40 minutes on the Treadmill.   -  NYC
  9. Lily -Strength Training (Upper body) 
  10. Jill -  Walking the dog-Toronto
  11. Tofodil-  Kelly CM's Cardio Sculpt Fitness ~ 60 min
  12. Bella -15 min walk (got off the bus one stop early). Ottawa, ON Canada 
Who says 30 Day Challenges are all about pain? Here is Mall's pic today, her "post run epsom salt soak." Now that is what I call making a 30 day Challenge fun!

Having a goal and a little bit of motivation is something that helps keep the momentum going! When you workout you must make sure to:  Fuel your body right.

 
By Melony Teague
© All Right Reserved




To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.