Pumpkin Spice Garbanzo Cake
Ingredients:1/4 cup Egg Whites
1 Organic Egg
2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
6 Majool Dates - pitted and chopped
1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
1 large can Garbanzo beans, rinsed very well.
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup non-dairy, nut free chocolate chips (optional)
Method:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use processor to puree garbanzo beans while pouring in melted coconut oil.
- Add chopped dates and process until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour into greased tin or pie dish, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter and bake in oven 45 minutes or until done when toothpick comes out clean. Do not over-bake or the cake will be too dry.
- Serve warm and store left overs in sealed container in the fridge.
By Melony Teague
© All Right Reserved
What do you like to have with your soup or after your soup as a follow up?
I'd love to hear from you. Email me or comment below.
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out"
Join me on facebook.