Wednesday 28 November 2012

On To Week 3 She Said


30 Day Challenge

New Rule: You are allowed ONE rest day. Use it wisely! 

To subscribe to this blog click here

 

Day 14 & 15 and Feedback from Participants:


Lilith said, "Here is what has changed for me. Only doing 15 minutes now makes me feel guilty. I've gone from not doing any exercise everyday to feeling really bad when I don't do more than the required time. Also there have been lots of times when I didn't feel like doing the exercise - who is to know if I don't do it for real? But I feel like I HAVE to do it - I feel so accountable to this challenge. It has been a terrific motivator."

Day 14: November 26,2012


  • Mel - Strength Training (see above) - Toronto. Ontario, Canada
  • Mallory - Viral chest infection  and now sinus infection too- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Crystal -"Let's say 60 min carpenter labourer. All I want is a hot bath and massage. Worked over 5 hrs but we'll go with 60 min hard labour."   - Crystal. - Regina SK Canada.
  • Goanna - Twisted knee - She will be out of the game for a while, but is doing a great job cheering us on.
  • Lis -25 mins yoga (Riding the WInd) and 10 min Pilates Thigh work out (SP video) Riding the Wind is a challenging session in the main part: forward fold - chair pose - chest lift - tree pose - warrior 3 - standing on one leg, the other sideways in the air whilst holding the toes (all that without falling over) - San Carlos, Mexico.
  • K - "Gulp...ended up taking my free pass:( I tried to do it last night, but could not even make it through 5 mins. Ended up going back upstairs and climbing into bed really early and sleeping til morning." - Detroit- Detroit, MI
  • Ishii -20 min strength training DVD from Canyon Ranch and a 10 min core workout by Coach Nicole. - Urem, UT
  • Tanya - Today 55 mins of cross training. - NYC
  • Lily - Body Weight Lunge:36 reps; 2 second hold at bottom: ladders. One-Leg Romanian Deadlift: 21 reps; 2 second hold at bottom: body weight, as ladders Body Weight Squat: 61 reps; Stiff Leg Barbell Good Morning:30 reps; 13 reps - 2 second hold at bottom, hands interlaced behind head: ladders
  • Jill -Walked -Toronto
  • Tofodil- KCM's NYC Mocha Mix ~ Upper Body = 30 min.
  • Bella - No Data - Ottawa, ON Canada.
  • Lilith - 30 minutes walking, 25 minutes dance exercise. - James Bay Region of Northern Quebec.
  • Sheila - 60 minutes each Pilates and BodyWorx; then stacked all the furniture in student room, dragged in tall ladder and prepped for painting ceiling and cornices that were stained by leaks in previous winters - Cape Town, South Africa  

 

 Day15 - November 27th, 2012



  • Mel - Strength Training (see above, everything except the plank ) Those side bends with dumbbells really made me sore the first time I did them, now I am not hurting as much anymore AND I have upped it to 10 pound dumbbells! - Toronto. Ontario, Canada
  • Mallory - Viral chest infection and now sinus infection too- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Crystal -"I spent 4.5 hours lifting drywall - all over my head and being general gopher. Don't really know what that works out to in exercise minutes but with everything else today I feel like what I would think I'd feel like after a half marathon." - Regina SK Canada.
  • Goanna - Twisted knee - She will be out of the game for a while, but is doing a great job cheering us on.
  • Lis -25 mins yoga (Sunbird series) and 5 min Booty Work out with Ball (SP video). Lis wrote:"Bridges on a stability ball, hard enough with both feet on the ball and not funny when you can only have 1 foot on the ball... makes you wonder why it's called a stability ball - not stable at all!! (Ok, so I fell off )" - San Carlos, Mexico.
  • K - 30 mins strength training shoulders & abs - Detroit- Detroit, MI
  • Ishii - HIIT training. 25 mins- Urem, UT
  • Tanya -15 mins of yoga-based stretching. Tanya wrote: "I promise it was not 15 mins of corpse pose... tempting though that was." - NYC
  • Lily -18 minutes of On The Ball Pilates DVD today (and 1 mile walk).
  • Jill -Walked -Toronto
  • Tofodil- 5 km Run .
  • Bella - No Data - Ottawa, ON Canada.
  • Lilith - 50 minutes walking. - James Bay Region of Northern Quebec.
  • Sheila - 60minutes Aqua with resistance equipment; up and down ladders with paint brushes and paint pot to cover up leak-stains on the ceiling in student guest room - Cape Town, South Africa

Sent in by Crystal

Everyone is doing great on the challenge. Even through there have been challenges and obstacles, most participants have said how being part of the challenge has kept them motivated. 
 
www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.