Wednesday 6 March 2013

30 Day Challenge March 1 - March 30th, 2013 FAQ's


30 Day Challenge, March 1 - March 30, 2013 FAQ's and tips!

  30 Day Challenge - Part III

In the first 30 Day challenge we focused on doing a minimum of 15 minutes of exercise or extra activity a day. In the second 30 Day challenge we replaced certain foods with healthier choices. Now in the 3rd 30 Day Challenge we are doing a combination of both, check this out:
TIPS:
  1. Take it one day at a time. Seriously the first week may seem hard, but once you get through it and start feeling the difference and seeing results, you will love it, then you will be half way through and soon it will be the last day and you will be saying, "Where did those 30 days go?"
  2. Tell someone that you have signed up, this helps to keep you accountable and motivated.

FAQ

  1. Q: How do I know if I am healthy enough to participate? A: Check with your physician or health care provider that you are clear to participate. I am not a doctor and advice on this site is not meant to take the place of your doctor's advice. If you have any pre-existing medical concerns, please speak with your doctor.
  2. Q: What am I required to do about my progress? A:You will be required to report back to me if you have any assignments or homework to do. Email me.
  3. Q: How does this challenge work for accountability? A: This challenge is based on an honesty system and it pays to be honest with yourself and with me. If you mess up, it's okay, but just let me know so that we can work through the challenges together. I am not looking for perfection, but a willingness to grow and learn. Just don't give up. Being accountable to me and to your fellow participants will be a major factor in helping you achieve success when the going gets tough.
  4. What happens if I want to quit? A: If you quit you will be required to email me with the reasons as to why you cannot continue. Why? Well, for starters I care about you and so do your fellow participants. I want to know how I can help you or help avoid challenges for other participants too. Perhaps we can find a way to help you around your obstacles and it can only make you stronger or help you learn more about yourself. The second reason is that I have found that participants who feel like they have failed just go all quiet and avoid contact, this is not a constructive way to deal with the challenge. Other participants may be able to derive value from your feedback and it is likely that you will find out that you are not alone in your struggles and find the support you need. This Challenge is hear for you, take advantage of it and it's benefits, however big or small.
  5. Q:What will be reported on this blog? A:Your general progress will be reported on this blog and any feedback that you do not want shared should be clearly labelled as private. I will respect your wishes. Your first name and city will be listed on this blog.
  6. Q:If I chose to replace sugar, can I drink Alcohol? A: No you shouldn't drink alcohol if you chose to replace sugar, alcohol is high in sugar. The best choice is club soda with a wedge of lime or lemon and if you like you could also have sparkling water. For a special occasion try the following Mock Mojito instead: Click here
  7. Q: If I am replacing sugar can I have carbs? A: Carbohydrates are converted to sugar and starches in your blood and it is accepted that a bowl of white rice is as good as a chocolate bar in your system when it gets into the blood steam.  Try to avoid processed white carbs and choose unrefined quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, seeds and coconut flour instead if you can. Beware of glucose-fructose and maltodextrin.
  8. Q: I have been sick and I could not exercise for a few days, do I need to quite the challenge? A: No, not at all, the purpose of this challenge it to create healthy habits and make you more mindful of making good choices. If you have been sick, you need to listen to what your body is telling you and rest.As soon as you are feeling better, get back at it. The only thing I ask is that you let me know so I can cheer you on through the tough times! 
  9. Q:What happens if I cheat? A: Nothing, own it, and move on. You are doing this challenge for yourself and you are the one to take responsibility for your choices. If you slip up, move on and learn from your mistakes. No biggie! Just stay honest with yourself and accountable to yourself and to me.
If you have any more questions please feel free to email me.


Tamari drizzled Roast Chicken breast medallions with Acorn squash, steamed cauliflower with home made pasta sauce.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  
www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist and motivator who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.