Tuesday 19 March 2013

Borscht in a cup




This is the borscht recipe where I didn't really stick to the traditional way of making it. I used my slow-cooker. The good news is that both beets and cabbage are rich in Glutamine, which helps combat sugar cravings. Read more about it here.

Ingredients:

4 cups Chicken broth
1 large onion,sliced finely
2 large beets, peeled,sliced finely
2 carrots, peeled, chopped
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
3 Tbsp vinegar (I used white, but you can use red wine vinegar)
Salt and pepper to taste

2 cups of water (you can add more if needed) 

Place all ingredients in your slow cooker, make sure the veggies are covered in liquid.  Cook on High for 4 hours and then add the chopped grilled steak and cook for another 2 hours if needed


Serve with sour cream...pick one that is only sour cream, with no other additives! 


www.melonyteague.com 
To subscribe to my consolidated newsletter, Click here 
Melony Teague a freelance writer and columnist who lives in Canada with her husband and two young children.
Founder of "Secrets of Body Transformation from the Inside Out" 
Join me on facebook   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.